Thursday, March 5, 2015

Analor- Chapter Two

When he came to he stood up. He was at the zoo.
“What happened?” he said.
Just then, Jeremiah came around the corner.
“Aha!” he exclaimed, “finally! Burton punched you,”
“Oh, okay,” he said.
“Surprised?” Jeremiah asked sarcastically.
“Hardly,” Analor answered.
Keona:
Analor got up off of the bench he had been laying on and he and Jeremiah rejoined the group of kids from their school. Analor was bored most of the time and he had a headache, but they only spent a few hours there and then it was time to go home.
Everyone raced to the bus. Analor wasn’t very fast but Jeremiah was and he beat him to the bus.
“I’ll save you a seat!” Jeremiah called.
When Analor got on the bus, one of the teachers came over to talk to him.
“Daniel?”
“Yes?” he asked. Why did this teacher want to talk to him? Was he in trouble?
“I was informed of how Burton hit you. I wrote a note to your mother. She’s going to have to take you to the doctor to make sure you don’t have any serious injuries. Also, Burton may be expelled from the school: I thought you might like to know that.”
“Thank you,” Analor said, “But I don’t think I have any injuries: just a bit of a headache.”
“That ‘bit of a headache’ might mean a major concussion. You know what a concussion is?”
“Yes, ma’am.”
“Right. So you just have to get checked out quickly. It’s probably nothing but it has to be done for your own safety.”
“Okay.”
***
When he got home, his mom wasn’t back from work yet. He went around cleaning up everything. It was only one-thirty. She wouldn’t be back for another hour. In that time, he planned to make the house shine for his mom and for his sister, Rox, who was coming later on that afternoon.
***
“Daniel? Are you home yet?” his mom called when she walked through the front door.
“Here, mom! I'm in my room!”
Analor had finished tidying up and was now doing his whole ‘check-on-my-iPod thing’.
“Rox called! She’s going to be here half an hour late!”
“Awww,” Analor whined, “Okay….”
He was upset that he would be spending less time with his sister, but he would be okay.
Elijah:
After a while of playing chess with his robot (intelligence level put at 90%) he went down the stairs to see how things were going. Just as he got to the door, he heard the doorbell ring.
 “Mom! Rox is here!” he said excitedly. He opened the door.
“Hi, Analor,” his sister said.
“Hey Rox!”
“How are you?” she asked.
“Good. How’s Michael?” asked Analor.
Rox frowned.
“I'm kidding,” Analor laughed, “how are the both of you?”
“Good,” she smiled. They hugged. Then Michael came in.
“Hey, kiddo,” he said.
“Hi, and please don’t call me kiddo,” said Analor. Then their Mom came down.
 “Come in,” she said. She didn’t look happy. She had just been on the phone for the past few minutes.
“Hi Mom,” said Rox.
“I'm sorry I wasn’t here when you came in. It was an urgent phone call,” she said.
“How urgent?” Analor asked.
“Very,” she said, looking at him with a caring look.
“Who was it?” asked Rox.
“Oh, nobody,” she answered.
Rox raised an eyebrow, “Then how was it urgent?”
“It’s a surprise,” she said. Analor knew she was lying. They went inside.
“I was informed of how Burton hit you,” she asked looking at his black eye.
“I was wondering what that was,” said Michael.
“Um, yeah,” said Analor.
“I understand now,” she said.
‘How does she understand all of a sudden?’ Analor wondered.
“I'm going upstairs. Rox, I need to tell you something,” his Mom said.
“Okay,” she said. They went upstairs.
“Soooooooooooooooooooooo,” Analor said to Michael, “usually when Mom talks to Rox they take a while. What are we going to do?”
“Maybe we could play with this,” said Michael taking out the new Wii-U Zelda game, ‘Hyrule Warriors’. He also took out a Wii-U. Analor smiled and pointed at the cabinet by the T.V. In it was some video game systems. They both laughed. They got it set up. Just then, they heard some yelling.
Analor went upstairs and looked in his mother’s room. His mom was yelling into the phone.
She and Rox saw Analor.
“Go downstairs now,” his Mom said.
Analor listened.
Michael was getting the disk in and getting out the remotes.
Analor thought, ‘Maybe I could listen in on the other line.’
He went into the kitchen and picked up the other phone. Just then Michael came in.
“What are you doing?” he asked.
“Um… listening through this line to see what they were yelling about.”
“I’ll text Rox,” said Michael. He took out his cell phone. He texted Rox saying, “Hey, what's going on? Who are you talking to that Analor can’t hear? He was going to listen through the other line.”
She messaged back saying, “I'm sorry to do this, but Michael I need to be left alone for a little bit.” Then she blocked him.
“What?!” he exclaimed, then he said, “Analor you can listen on this line.”
Keona:
He heard a man’s voice, “Ma’am, you have to understand. This is what’s best for your son. He can-“
Analor’s Mom cut him off, “I am his mother! I decide what’s best for him!”
“Mrs. ______, your son’s intellect can be a great service to your country. I also understand that you are struggling financially. The funds we will pay for his assistance will be tremendous.”
“Who told you to say that? How did you know that? You've been through my bank accounts too? This definitely makes me want to trust you with my son!”
Analor couldn’t make heads or tales of what they were talking about- only that he was somehow involved.
What does this man want with me?
His mom was talking again, “My final decision is no. I don’t care who you are or why you want my son, there is no way you are taking him away from me.”
Taking me away? What is this all about? What’s happening?
“Mrs. _______ ((still coming up with a suitable last name....)), as the government, we can find a way to do whatever we want. If you choose to walk away from this phone call, life will become… difficult for you and your family.”
Analor heard his mom huff and then the line went dead.
She had hung up.
Analor set down the receiver. Michael was watching him closely.
“Who was it? What were they talking about?” he could clearly see the terrified expression on Analor’s face.
Elijah:
“Don’t really know. We didn’t get on in time, but it was the government,” Analor answered, “they said something about taking me away.”
Just then, Rox and Analor’s mom came down.
“Hi, Mom! What was all the yelling about? And you were really quick.”
“ Um… why don’t you play your game?” was her way to escape the question.
“ Okay. Lets play, Michael.”
***
(The next day)

“Bye, Mom! I'm already late for school!” shouted Analor.
“Bye!” she called.
Analor went out the door. He walked to school. He met up with Jeremiah on the way.
“Hey!” he called.
“Hey! How’s it going?” asked Jeremiah.
“I don’t really know. Has your Mom ever been called by the government about you being taken away?” Analor asked.
Jeremiah raised an eyebrow.
“How did you know?” asked Jeremiah.
“Um, my mother was called too.”
“Really?”
“Yep. I listened on the other line,” he said, then started impersonating the voices he heard over the phone, “They said, ‘Ma’am, you have to understand. This is what’s best for your son. He can-.’ Then my mother said,  ‘I am his mother! I decide what’s best for him.’ ‘Mrs. ______, your son’s intellect can be a great service to your country. I also understand that you are struggling financially. The funds we will pay for his assistance will be tremendous.’ ‘Who told you to say that? How did you know that? You've been through my bank accounts too? This definitely makes me want to trust you with my son!’ Then I thought What does this man want with me? Mom was talking again, ‘My final decision is no. I don’t care who you are or why you want my son, there is no way you are taking him away from me.’ ‘Mrs. _______, as the government, we can find a way to do whatever we want. If you choose to walk away from this phone call, life will become… difficult for you and your family.’ Then the line went dead. I think my mo hung up. I recorded it all and then I memorized it overnight. I had nothing else to do but think about it.”
“Wow,” said Jeremiah.
Keona:
“I know! I don’t know what’s going on or what to do about it!”
“Never heard you say that before,” Jeremiah stated.
“Say what?”
I don’t know. You always know everything! This must be really bad,”
the truth was, it was really bad. Analor was used to knowing everything. This whole scenario had him very confused and stressed out.

That was okay though. He’d come up with a way to solve it. How did he know this? He was Analor. He knew everything. And when he didn’t, well, he was a quick learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment